Childhood Eczema: An Environmental Scan
Table of Contents
KEY INFORMANT INTERVIEW GUIDE
GOALS OF THE KEY INFORMANT INTERVIEWS
- To elicit expert opinions regarding research priorities in the area of eczema and specifically childhood eczema
- To elicit expert opinions regarding resources required in the area of childhood eczema
- To elicit expert opinions on where financial resources are best suited in the area of childhood eczema
- To expand the social network of contacts in the area of eczema and specifically childhood eczema
SPECIFIC QUESTIONS ASKED OF INDIVIDUALS
- [Where appropriate] How long have you been involved in the area of childhood eczema? or how long has the organization been involved in eczema activities? (in some cases this is self evident)
- In Your Expert Opinion, What do you feel are important research areas to consider at this time regarding eczema?
- Again focusing on research areas, what do you feel is specifically a priority at this time for children?
- When thinking about childhood eczema, what do you feel are important areas that are currently under-resourced?
- Of the areas you identified as under-resourced, which do you personally feel is a priority? Please explain why?
- In Your Expert Opinion, do you feel there are particular areas that are not prudent to fund at this time? If so, can you explain why? [Perhaps some areas are adequately resourced?]
- Do you have an opinion on any areas that have sufficient resources at this time thus areas that would be a good choice to shy away from allowing our resources to be directed elsewhere?
- Do you feel it would be important to make contact with any other researchers or colleagues you have in this area to find out more about what the priorities are in childhood eczema or to better understand where resources are needed?
- Is there any other information you feel would be important for us to consider in the area of childhood eczema when setting up an endowment fund at this time?
SPECIFIC QUESTIONS ASKED FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- How long has your organization been involved in the area of Childhood Eczema?
- How would you identify your primary audience (e.g., patients, caregivers etc?)
- Can you specify the types of programs you have been involved with concerning childhood eczema? Perhaps you have an organizational document that could provide this information?
- Do you have impact measures for how successful your programs were or how they meet their intended targets?
- Does your organization routinely complete evaluations of programs/research conducted?
- Do your programs/activities pertaining to childhood eczema receive core funding? If so, who are your major funding agencies/sources?
- Do your programs/activities pertaining to childhood eczema receive grant funding? If so, who are your major grant funding agencies/sources?
- Are you able to provide access to an E-copy or hard copy of your organization’s annual report?
- What other information do you feel is important for my client to know about your organization surrounding your work in the area of childhood eczema?